FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Steps to Becoming a Franchisee
- Please complete this franchisee form or give us a call at 1 (904) 853-6192.
- Set up a time to Skype with us, or visit us at our Jacksonville Beach, Florida location, so we can discuss your location preference, answer any questions you may have and explain the process.
- You will submit your application to become qualified to purchase a franchise from Mind Bender Escape Rooms, LLC.
- Once your application has been approved, you will schedule a meeting at our Jacksonville Beach, Florida location to meet with the management team for final approval.
- Once you have received final approval, you will receive your franchise agreement.
- Once you have completed and signed the franchise agreement, you will submit it to the owners along with your initial franchise fee.
- After you have submitted your franchise agreement and your initial franchise fee, you will need to select the rooms you wish to open.
- You will need to scout for a suitable location in the location for which you requested.
- You will need approximately 4,000 square feet for a 4- to 5-room game facility. The room themes you have chosen should also be taken into consideration when determining location size.
- Secure final site approval from the owners for your location.
- Begin the design, permitting and build out of your approved location.
- Begin ordering props and other items needed for your rooms.
- You will complete training on-site at our Jacksonville Beach, Florida location. This training will last approximately 5 days.
- Begin setting up props, games, décor and software for each of your rooms.
- Website and social media platform builds will begin, along with a marketing, to create buzz around the countdown to your grand opening.
Our corporate trainer, and at least one owner will be on-site the week prior to and one week after your grand opening, assisting with staff training and other last-minute issues and/or details.
FROM THE OWNERS
Chris & Sonya Ashton, Owners
We here at Mind Bender Escape Rooms share your passion and excitement about escape games. We are very pleased to announce that you can now bring that passion to life and own a Mind Bender Escape Room franchise of your own.
We have developed a business model that includes extensive and continued training, as well as ongoing support. The escape room business continues to grow and has proven to be a profitable business opportunity. We offer a variety of room themes and design packages to choose from, and we can even assist in developing your own ideas, ensuring that our customers continue to receive the quality gameplay and service they have come to expect.
We provide training in all aspects of the business, from development and operations to customer service and marketing. Ongoing support and training after your start-up will ensure that you and your staff have the knowledge and tools to be successful. As with any business, however, your success as a franchisee will depend upon your willingness to learn and communicate with us, as well as your customers. Success is also dependent upon the time and effort you devote to your business.
We pride ourselves in our quality and customer service, and attribute those aspects to the numerous awards and recognitions that we have received. As we continue to raise the bar in the escape room business, we invite you to join us!
While researching things to do on a trip to Europe, Sonya continued to see escape rooms coming up in the European countries on Trip Advisor. She showed the idea to Chris and they were both very excited to try one. After a little more research, they discovered that there were a few opening in the U.S. and one was not too far away. They set off on a weekend getaway to try one. They were both so impressed at how much fun they were that they immediately decided to open one in their home town.
They began their design concept with quality as their top priority. They felt the rooms should be an immersive experience rather than just a room with random puzzles. Chris and Sonya both have strong backgrounds in business administration and ownership, but this was a totally new concept for them. They decided to fly in consultants from Europe to assist with their designs and ideas.
The original Mind Bender Escape Rooms opened in Jacksonville Beach, FL and took off very quickly. They have received multiple awards, and have been featured in numerous newspaper articles and television interviews. The first few months were so successful that Chris and Sonya decided they wanted to open other locations and offer franchise opportunities, so long as they maintained and/or exceeded the level of quality that Mind Bender customers have come to expect.