Tips and Tricks to Winning an Escape RoomDecember 12, 2018
Why Choose Mind Bender Escape Rooms?April 29, 2019
So, you’ve decided to put together a group of friends, co-workers or family members and tackle that challenging escape room you’ve heard so much about. How do you decide who to bring with you? We’ve got a few suggestions that will help you put together an expert escape room team and give you the best possible chance of success.
- Bring People Who Work Well Together – Whether you decide to come with friends or anyone else, consider putting together a large enough group to fill the escape room experience with people you know. By doing this, you will not wind up working with strangers, which can be awkward and cause slowdowns.
- Choose Different Thinkers – By adding people to your team who have different ways of thinking you’re expanding your ability to solve various puzzles. A creative type and a highly-logical type will look at a puzzle in completely different ways.
- Invite Communicative Types – Your most introverted and silent friends may get lost in the shuffle in an escape room. If you want to get them involved, make sure you prepare them for the event and encourage them to communicate–after all, sharing clues and information can be the key to success.
- Think About Experience – If you have any friends or know anyone who has experienced an escape room before, bringing them along may be a good idea. They will have a good idea of the types of things to look out for and what red herrings you may want to avoid.
- Don’t Forget Trust – Finally, picking people who will easily trust one another could be the biggest key to success. If the group is constantly questioning one another’s motives and solutions, it will be much harder to succeed–especially when the time is of the essence as it tends to be in most escape room scenarios.
While these tips could help you potentially slay that escape room you’ve been eyeing, the most important thing is having fun. Plan a time to stop by and see us at your local Mind Bender Escape Room today.