The History of Escape RoomsOctober 23, 2018
Tips and Tricks to Winning an Escape RoomDecember 12, 2018
So, you’re planning an outing to an escape room with a group of friends, your family or as a team building exercise for work. You’ve heard the activity is challenging and a lot of fun, but what should you expect from your event? We’ve put together a list of seven things you absolutely need to know before you head to any escape room.
- You’ll be trapped – Part of the fun of the escape room is “escaping” so you will be trapped in a room or area. While there are emergency exits and/or a panic button, you will be shut in a puzzle-filled space, so keep this in mind if you’re prone to claustrophobia.
- Escape rooms are meant to be challenging – There’s a good chance you may not succeed, especially on your first attempt at such an activity. That’s okay! You’ll have fun anyway.
- The people make the fun (and help you succeed) – If you have a group of people truly involved in the activity, you’ll have more fun than if your group is less-interested. Additionally, the more successful people are those who have a variety of “smarts” within their participants.
- Dress comfortably – This isn’t the time to wear a hot cocktail dress or a fancy suit–wear comfortable clothes so you can move and stretch. You’ll be glad you did.
- Don’t keep secrets – If you figure out information during the escape room scenario, make sure you share it with your group. Only by sharing all information discovered freely will you have a chance of escaping in time.
- Brains are always over brawn – There are not usually going to be rooms that require muscle and brute strength. If you need to push too hard to use too much force on an object, you’re probably on the wrong path.
- Involve yourself with the experience – Most escape rooms have a theme. Surrender yourself to the theme and enjoy the overall experience. By immersing yourself in the situation you’ll have more fun and be more likely to puzzle out a solution too.
As you can see, there’s a lot to think about with an escape room adventure. You may not realize, but there are many different options available for you and your group to enjoy. If you’d like to learn more about the best escape room options in and around Jacksonville, reach out to us at Mind Bender Escape Rooms today.